Re: [HTCondor-users] peaceful node drain and shutdown

You sure about this?

I also recall the same behavior that Bob describes - if START goes to FALSE instead of UNDEFINED, then the node transitions to Owner state, which then kills off running jobs.

(Again, might have changed at some point)

Brian

> On Jul 13, 2016, at 3:09 PM, Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 7/13/2016 3:03 PM, Bob Ball wrote:
>> Maybe this info is now obsolete, but I remember once setting the START
>> to an expression that evaluated "FALSE" and caused all the running jobs
>> to terminate....
>>
>> bob
>>

> Only if $(START) is referenced in the PREEMPT expression....
>
> START just controls when new jobs can be launched.
>
> PREEMPT controls when to kick off jobs (really would be more accurate to have named it "Evict" instead of "Preempt", sigh...).
>
> regards
> Todd
>

>> On 7/13/2016 3:56 PM, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
>>> I'm guessing the condor_drain command will have similar issues to the
>>> condor_off -peaceful command? That you have to have all the
>>> permissions setup right?
>>>
>>> The nice thing about the START=FALSE config trick is you only need
>>> root on the machine to do it.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kevin