[HTCondor-users] GPU-optional matching?

So we've got a situation where certain jobs can run better if a GPU is available, but can still run fine without one. This poses an interesting problem - the "request_gpus" line bakes that request into the job requirements _expression_, so that the job won't run unless it can get a GPU for itself.

Is there any clever trick anyone can think of which will reserve a GPU and set up the appropriate environment variables if one is available, but still allow the job to match and run even if it can't? I think my difficulty is that I'm not quite clear on how a request for a resource becomes a deduction from the pool of that resource on the machine - I think it comes down to needing the deduction to take place when it matches even if it's not mandatory for the job.

        -Michael Pelletier.
_