From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ian Cottam
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:57 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Target.Opsys vs Opsys

We recently switched to the 8.2 series after getting some issues with a mixed bag of 7 and 8 machines in our Pool. Anyway . . .

A colleague pointed out to me that you get better / more consistent information when you do a condor_q -better-analyze if the job Requirements look like this Requirements = (Target.OpSys == "LINUX") && (Target.Arch == "X86_64") rather than the usual Requirements = (OpSys == "LINUX") && (Arch == "X86_64")

To my surprise he is correct.
He thought it was a change in the 8 series, but as I see no mention in the manual I expect it has always been so.

My colleague phrased it:
"People who do use the -better-analyze option would not get conflicting advice (from the same output!): In one part reporting that there are plenty of matches, and yet in another place reporting that there are no matches and advising removing the two requirements. I know that it left me wondering whether there was some subtle issue with my submit.txt file."

Comments?
-Ian
--
Ian Cottam  | Technical Support Manager | School of Computer Science  |
LF24 Kilburn Building  |  The University of Manchester  |  M13 9PL  |