Re: [HTCondor-users] condor's ClusterID

If you want to grab the cluster id from the output of condor_submit.  Try using the -terse option, it's much easier to parse.

-tj

-----Original Message-----
From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Krieger, Donald N.
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 9:04 AM
To: 'HTCondor-Users Mail List' <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] condor's ClusterID

Hi Rene,

I think this is more of a shell question that a condor one.
In any case, here's how I grab the job number each time I issue condor_submit:
          set JobNo = `                                                                                                                    \
                       condor_submit -name ${submit_queue} ${Gridxyz}_${iGrid}.Condor           |& \
                       grep -E -v WARNING                                                                                      |  \
                       grep -E -o "cluster [0-9]+"                                                                              | \
                       sed -e "s/cluster //"                                                                                           \
                      `                                                                                                                      ;# Queue to Condor and record JobNo
This works with tcsh.  Note that |& pipes both stdout and errout from condor_submit.
The grep and sed parse what returns from condor_submit to capture the condor ID of the job.
Note that the ` s send the output of the whole pipeline into variable JobNo .

I hope this is helpful.

Best - Don