发件人: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] 代表 Todd Tannenbaum
发送时间: 2016年5月14日 2:02
收件人: HTCondor-Users Mail List
主题: Re: [HTCondor-users] Email notification not work

On 5/13/2016 3:10 AM, feih@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> We have a tiny HTCondor cluster consists of 9 servers, 1 for central
> manager/scheduler, 8 for starter. Now everything works except email
> notification.
>
> I can confirm /usr/bin/mail ?s subject  feih@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> works, because outgoing message received successfully.
>
> And condor_config_val ?dump | grep MAIL in the central node reports:
>
> CONDOR_SUPPORT_EMAIL =
>
> EMAIL_DOMAIN =
>
> EMAIL_NOTIFICATION_CC =
>
> MAIL = /usr/bin/mail
>
> MAIL_FROM = gitlab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:gitlab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> However, if I add following lines to job description file and make
> submission, no notification received after job completion.
>
> Notification = Complete
>
> notify_user = feih@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:feih@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Is there anything I can do to debug this problem, I have whole control
> on all servers (postfix/HTCondor etc).
>
> Debian Jessie + HTCondor 8.2.3~dfsg.1 from official debian repository.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> B.R.
>
> FEI Hao

Hi,

Just a guess, but it looks like you are being hit by a bug that was fixed starting with HTCondor v8.2.6 and above.  Specifically, this one:
  https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=4764

My guess is HTCondor v8.2.3 is invoking mail with a "-f" command-line argument for the from address, like so
   /usr/bin/mail -s subject -f gitlab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx user@xxx And my guess is /usr/bin/mail on Debian wants the from address via a "-r" argument because "-f" means something else.

If I guessed right, as a workaround you could get rid of the MAIL_FROM setting in your condor_config file(s), which should cause HTCondor
v8.2.3 to omit the incorrect "-f" option all-together.  Or you could write your own wrapper script for /usr/bin/mail that converts the "-f"
to "-r" and set MAIL in condor_config to point to it.
Or you could upgrade HTCondor to a more recent version where this issue has been fixed- recent versions are available packaged for Debian, see
  https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/debian/

Hope the above helps,
Todd

--
Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx> University of Wisconsin-Madison
Center for High Throughput Computing   Department of Computer Sciences