From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fischer, Max (SCC)
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 5:46 AM
To: htcondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Order of Job scheduling

Hi all,

is there a way to influence the order in which jobs are scheduled? Something like GROUP_SORT_EXPR, but working on auto clusters.

We use partitionable slots and have jobs which fall into certain categories, e.g. multi-core and single-core. We'd like to preferably schedule the jobs which fragment resources the least, i.e. multi-core should go first.

Cheers,
Max