Re: [HTCondor-users] creating a unique id for a job

Hi Paul,

just to add to the previous answers:
condor_submit will always report the ClusterId when submitting jobs. In addition, you can get the range of <ClusterId.ProcId>s with the -terse switch.
Finally, the -verbose switch will output the entire ClassAd.

Our job submission tool injects its own ID like Michael suggested *and* submits with -verbose. It's trivial to match ClusterId & ProcId for each job with this.
We've found that debugging is a lot more straightforward when using ClusterId/ProcId for querying condor.

Cheers,
Max