Re: [HTCondor-users] what's "startd exited with status 44"?

On 10/28/2016 01:05 PM, Iain Steers wrote:
> Hi Dimitri,
>
> That definitely sounds like it could be the case.
>
> exit status 44 indicates that the daemon failed to write to/rotate a critical log or file.
>
> If the disk isnât full then I suggest you check it out with smartmontools or something similar.

If I'm not mistaken the drive thinks it's still OK at this point. It's
too busy relocating bad sectors and it'll keep believing it can do it
until it keels over. A TLER drive would fail, but on the basic "desktop"
ones you only see this in iostat.

Thanks
--
Dimitri Maziuk