Re: [HTCondor-users] Wading into Windows HTCondor - what's the most important thing you wish you'd known?

Hi tj,

thanks for looking into this! I understand that HTCondor cannot prevent
the job from writing to the registry. On the other hand: If a user
chooses to run a job on his own behalf, he probably accepts that the job
can do anything he himself could do, right? In this sense, if the user
had the option of requiring "load_profile", this would sound acceptable
to me.

Do you have a feeling of how difficult it would be to change this? I
could even imagine to modify and compile my own version of HTCondor for
this feature.

Another idea that comes to my mind: Shouldn't I have the permission to
load my registry hive myself later, in the context of my jobs (e.g. by
some kind of pre-script)?

Thanks and best regards,
Jens