Re: [HTCondor-users] alternative scratch directory?

> On Sep 5, 2016, at 2:23 AM, Raul Lopes <rlopes@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Todd,
>
> remote_initaldir should be what I need. I hadn't noticed it. I am
> assuming that it will change to the specified directory and use
> it in the same way as the scratch dir.

No, it will only change the current working directory. It will not work the same way as the scratched directory.

> Some of my users would
> like to follow the output of their MPI and abaqus jobs in real time
> without logging into worker nodes.

Ah. Perhaps the condor_tail command line tool will serve your purpose? See "man condor_tail".

Usually when jobs opt not to use the scratch directory, it is because they are using some shared file system directory...

Hope the above helps
Todd