Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 8.4 on CentOS 7 - control groups

From: Jonathan Knudson <jknudson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/19/2016 12:40 PM

> Oh and you might want to disable SELinux. We don't have it turned on
> in any of our boxes.   You will also need to configure your firewall
> as well. For testing purposes I disabled firewall and firewalld. I'm
> not at my desk so I don't  have the commands right off hand.

In my line of work I've had to come to some measure of acceptance of
SELinux, and I think once people get the hang of its principles and
premises they'll be less inclined to simply disable it to get their stuff
to work. Not that I blame them at all - that's what I did for years.

For example, with a bit of patience and perseverance I was able to find
out that you can get Ganglia-Web to work by adding TCP port 8652 to the
http_port_t port list which limits the list of ports to which the web
server is allowed to initiate connections, and this capability is quite
appealing to me as I'm recalling some of the interesting times since that
fateful post in alt.hypertext in 1991. :-D

I'm not sure when I'll be able to patch systemd on the machine, but
hopefully that'll eliminate the error message.

        -Michael Pelletier.
_