Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor and Red Hat 7.4 upgrade

Tim,

While our HTCondor installation will start in the presence of SELinux with RHEL 7.4, the re-installation of HTCondor (actually, just the âcondorâ package) completes, but without installing the htcondor SELinux module.  The reinstall of the condor package shows:

Conflicting type rules
Binary policy creation failed at /etc/selinux/targeted/tmp/modules/400/htcondor/cil:45
Failed to generate binary
/usr/sbin/semodule:  Failed!

I tried removing the old htcondor SELinux module and then reinstalling the condor package.  This results in the same error (and then there is no htcondor module installed).

Even though condor starts, I am unable to release jobs that were put on hold before the update.  I get:

$ condor_release the-username
AUTHENTICATE:1003:Failed to authenticate with any method
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using GSI
GSI:5003:Failed to authenticate.  Globus is reporting error (851968:50).  There is probably a problem with your credentials.  (Did you run grid-proxy-init?)
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using KERBEROS
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using FS
Couldn't find/release all jobs of user âthe-username"

It is not clear if this is related since I see no condor logs in the audit.log file on the system where this is run.  But, this worked with the same configuration from before the update.

Andy