Re: [HTCondor-users] output files and umask

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Michael Di Domenico
<mdidomenico4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 2:08 PM, Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I am working from memory here, but I think by default the stdout and stderr
>> for your job will be created by condor_submit.  This explains why your
>> USER_JOB_WRAPPER script setting umask won't help with stdout and stderr.
>> However, if the umask is 0640 in the environment running condor_submit (is
>> it?  or perhaps these jobs are submitted by dagman?), I'd expect the
>> permissions to be correct.
>
> the umask of 027 is defined in everyone's .profile .cshrc, so if the
> creation of the file happens as the user (either by condor_submit or
> dagman) i would expect these files to come out with the 640
> permissions.  i'll push down this rabbit hole and see what turns up.
> one of the questions i couldn't answer was who was actually creating
> these files (ie submit or shadow, user or daemon process)

So i can confirm it is in fact dagman that's the difference.  if i
take a simple job and do a condor_submit, the output/error files get
created with the correct permissions 0640, if i then submit the exact
same job wrapped in a dag, the files get created with 0644

would it be fair to assume that dagman is launching these jobs as the
user, but it's not pulling the umask from the user, but that of the
condor daemon?