Re: [HTCondor-users] output files and umask

On 2/3/2017 1:39 PM, Michael Di Domenico wrote:
So i can confirm it is in fact dagman that's the difference.  if i
take a simple job and do a condor_submit, the output/error files get
created with the correct permissions 0640, if i then submit the exact
same job wrapped in a dag, the files get created with 0644

would it be fair to assume that dagman is launching these jobs as the
user, but it's not pulling the umask from the user, but that of the
condor daemon?

Yes, I think that is exactly what is happening.

So again, I'd suggest telling condor_submit to not bother itself creating the stdout/err files in the first place, and just let that happen when the job runs...

regards,
Todd

--
Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx> University of Wisconsin-Madison
Center for High Throughput Computing   Department of Computer Sciences