Re: [HTCondor-users] Built-in AVX2, AVX512 advertising?

Hey Greg, while you're in that part of the code anyway...

It appears that there's a variety of AVX512 processor features:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/43539/what-do-the-flags-in-proc-cpuinfo-mean

avx512f: AVX-512 foundation
avx512dq: AVX-512 Double/Quad instructions
avx512pf: AVX-512 Prefetch
avx512er: AVX-512 Exponential and Reciprocal
avx512cd: AVX-512 Conflict Detection
avx512bw: AVX-512 Byte/Word instructions
avx512vl: AVX-512 128/256 Vector Length extensions

For a particular MATLAB problem we're working in HTCondor right now, with millions of large exp() calls per run, the avx512er instructions would be a significant component of a job rank expression (assuming we had any suitable machines and MATLAB's AVX512 support was implemented). I'm not sure how many Intel processors would actually have any of these false right now, but they're clearly planning for a future product line if they don't.

In addition, how about a native machine attribute that indicates whether or not Hyperthreading is enabled on a given machine? I know I can write one in the config via the DETECTED_CPUs and DETECTED_PHYSICAL_CPUS config values, but a standard native attribute would be nice.

	-Michael Pelletier.