Re: [HTCondor-users] x509* job ClassAds not defined when SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT is evaluated? [8.6]

Hi Todd, Jaime,

ok, this explains.
IMHO it would be nice to have these classAds available again at SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT, but, of course, only if this does not imply security problems (as I said, we can easily work this around by defining custom classAds)

Thanks!

Cheers,
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for reporting the above.  I am not the security expert, but I don't believe this is the expected behavior.  I suspect perhaps a regression occurred implementing this ticket for HTCondor v8.5.8 -

 https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=5064

We will investigate.

Things changed in HTCondor 8.5.8 so that the X509 attributes in the job ad are set by the condor_schedd daemon to reflect the user’s proxy file. Previously, condor_submit set these attributes. But the attributes are set by the schedd after SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT evaluation. We should probably change it to occur before SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT.

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison HTCondor Project