Re: [HTCondor-users] make rpm?

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 3:09 PM, Tim Theisen <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since you have the source tarball, you can run the "build-on-linux.sh"
> script that is found in the root directory of the source tarball. It
> creates a tar archive and spec file in a temporary directory and invokes
> rpmbuild. rpmbuild will check to make sure that you have the
> prerequisites installed.

thanks.  this worked, but it's a little clunkier then i would have liked.

ideally as an enhancement, it would be nice if one could take the
source tarball, feed ./configure a bunch of options on how you want
condor compiled and then create an installable rpm from the
"release_dir".  in the past we've turned off a good deal number of the
options condor supports, so there's no need for us to compile in
things like globus/kvm/etc.  to do the above i had to pull in the
externals/* files and compile a bunch of that too.  it seems to have
worked, but like i said it drags along a lot of stuff I don't need.