Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor_kbdd.exe crashes/doesn't start if no network is available

I'm not sure how easy it is on Windows, but here at UW-Madison we keep a local git repository of the poolwide configuration on each node. We have hooks that run a git pull whenever a condor_reconfig is triggered; this way we ensure everything is as up to date as possible, but won't fail if it can't access remote configuration files. I did a talk about this at HTCondor Week 2016:

https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/HTCondorWeek2016/presentations/Grasmick_GitConfig.pdf

From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 10:02:58 AM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor_kbdd.exe crashes/doesn't start if no network is available

On 2017-05-19 07:04, Michael Pelletier wrote:
... CFEngine - it's
fairly easy to set it up to maintain two directories in the same state,
and the update would be pulled by the client once the network comes back
online - and you'd just need a promise to reconfig the daemons once that
happens.

I happen to use salt but I'm sure you can do this with any of them
(chef, puppet, ...): push one "pool" config file to every node, push
specialized "node" config files dep. on the properties you set on the
host, fire condor_reconfig after the update. And yes: I'm doing it
because of the problems with having one config file on a network share.

FWIW
Dimitri