Re: [HTCondor-users] a segfault at the very onset

On 23/05/17 17:10, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:
On 5/23/2017 10:30 AM, lejeczek wrote:

yep, for those of us who just try to kickstart it, but maybe for everybody - selinux selinux pray to your selinux and listen what it says.
selinux kicks condor so hard that it segfaults.
On centos7 though there is a module in default policy, 'dontaudit' reveals more denials, and a quick fix is to "permissive condor_schedd_t"

You may have had better luck with a more recent version of HTCondor. v8.3.8 is pretty old (~1.5yrs) at the rate things move in the world of Linux, and HTCondor development is pretty active. For instance, I believe starting with v8.4.10+ defaults for HTCondor have been updated for a better out-of-box experience with SELinux. For instance, see
  https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=5835

If you are just starting out w/ HTCondor, I'd suggest the latest stable series release available at the HTCondor home page - repos are at
  https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/instructions/
You can find this page by going to "http://htcondor.org";, click on "Download" from the top menu, then click on the first link which is "install HTCondor from a repository".

regards,
Todd

I'm just about to try 8.6.3 from yum repo. I can see that what condor did was:

$ semanage permissive -l

Customized Permissive Types

condor_collector_t
condor_master_t
condor_negotiator_t
condor_procd_t
condor_schedd_t
condor_startd_t

Is this really the best condor could do? Is this the best practice?
many thanks
L.