Re: [HTCondor-users] Drain HTCondor worker by setting instance metadata value

On 09/05/2017 03:55 PM, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

> If you don't want HTCondor to preempt (i.e. SIGTERM) a running job
> unless the job has already run for over X seconds, set
> MaxJobRetirementTime ...

> If you want to configure things so preemption of a job is only delayed
> in the case of draining, but you still want the job to be immediately
> preempted in the case of user priority/rank/preempt expression ...
Dunno about OP but my use case is very simple: I don't want to preempt
period. I just want all running ones to finish, then I want to install
the new kernel/libc/whatever and reboot.

I'm sure the above is great for whoever needs it, but to me it looks
like way too many knobs for something that should be dead simple:
temporarily set START to false without having to hand-edit the config
file. Twice.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin