Re: [HTCondor-users] Change JobUniverse from vanilla to local?

On 9/19/2017 2:25 AM, Steffen Grunewald wrote:
Hi John,

I understand - design decisions. So rewriting the DAG is the only way out of this misery...

Thanks,
  Steffen

Some other brain storm ideas -

1. How about running a condor_startd on your dagman/submit machine, and the START expression would be something like "only run jobs submitted by DAGMan that have been idle for over X amount of time" ?

2. Perhaps you could use the condor_jobrouter to transform a vanilla job into a local universe job?

I personally like option #1 better, since then the job remains vanilla universe, and the management of jobs is better.

Hope the above helps
Todd