Re: [HTCondor-users] api question

The SOAP API has been deprecated and will be removed, but we have a python API that we call the “python bindings” works quite well.

The python bindings for job submission has two basic interfaces.There is an interface that works in HTCondor 8.6 and later that

uses a python dictionary as the equivalent of a HTCondor submit file.  And there older, low level interface that treats a dictionary as a Job ClassAd.

I can’t recommend the older, low level api.  It’s quite hard to use correctly in much the same was that the SOAP api  was hard to use correctly.  But the new python interface very easy to use if you know how to write submit files.

This document is a good starting point for using the python bindings.

https://media.readthedocs.org/pdf/htcondor-python/latest/htcondor-python.pdf

The manual is here.

https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.6/6_7Python_Bindings.html

-tj