From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Beyer, Christoph
Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 2:38 PM
To: htcondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Limit jobs per node

Hi,

I guess machine_Resources could do the trick, on the workernode you would define:

MACHINE_RESOURCE_NAMES = jobtype1, jobtype2, jobtype3
MACHINE_RESOURCE_jobtype1 = 1
MACHINE_RESOURCE_jobtype2 = 1
MACHINE_RESOURCE_jobtype3 = 1

In the jobtypes you have to request the limited resource:

For jobtype1:

request_jobtype1 = 1

And so on, hence, once a 'jobtype1' job is running on a machine the ressource jobtype1 is exhausted and no other job of this type will be able to run there (unless you set MACHINE_RESOURCE_jobtype1 to a higher value). Of cause it's a bit of a misusage and the feature is meant to serve 'real' limited ressources like licences or GPUs but who cares ;)

Another maybe drawback is that you will never run more jobs of a certain type than there are machines in the pool but that is part of the idea I guess ...

Best
Chris

--
Christoph Beyer