From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Oliver Freyermuth
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:06 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Jaime Frey <jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [External] Re: [HTCondor-users] Configuration of logging

However, my cronjob for compression would also need to:
- Check which files to compress (e.g. by matching all uncompressed files with date-extension).
- Take care by itself about expiring and deleting old logs.

In the end, this feels like I have to reinvent parts of logrotate.
It's sad I have to solve a problem once more which had been solved for good on all Unix platforms over two decades ago.

Cheers,
	Oliver