Re: [HTCondor-users] Configuration of logging

Le 18/04/2018 Ã 17:06, Oliver Freyermuth a ÃcritÂ:
HTCondor doesnât have a way to automatically compress old log files. I suppose you could set up a cron job to do so.

You can specify a time instead of a file size for when the daemon logs should be rotated, like so:

# Save a dayâs worth of logs
MAX_SCHEDD_LOG = 4Hr
MAX_NUM_SCHEDD_LOG = 6

See MAX_DEFAULT_LOG in the manual for details.
thanks, this is a valid workaround, indeed I did not know one could also specify a time instead of bytes there!

However, my cronjob for compression would also need to:
- Check which files to compress (e.g. by matching all uncompressed files with date-extension).
- Take care by itself about expiring and deleting old logs.

The (undocumented?) option "LOG_TO_SYSLOG = true" can probably help to get a standard and system-backed logging behavior.

--
Nicolas Fournials