Re: [HTCondor-users] A GPU server configuration using HTCondor

oops. I left out this part of the configâ

num_slots_type_1 = 1

num_slots_type_2 = 1

From: John M Knoeller
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 6:06 PM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [HTCondor-users] A GPU server configuration using HTCondor

Cpus=0 is effectively shorthand for Cpus=all

there is no way to assign a slot to have 0 cpus, since there is no way to run a program that uses doesnât use the CPU.

Also, HTcondor currently doesnât support fractional cpus.  so the minimum you can assign is cpus=1

If you want to have one slot with a GPU and minimal, cpu and

another slot with all of the cpus and no GPU, then you would do something like this.

cpus = $(DETECTED_CPUS)+1

# this gets 1 âbonusâ cpu, since we declared cpus to be detected+1

# we expect the cpu usage to be minimal.

slot_type_1_partitionable = false

slot_type_1 = cpus=1, mem=20000, gpus=1

# This will get the remainder after 1 cpu and 20000 memory are carved off.

slot_type_2_partitionable = true