[HTCondor-users] scheduling behavior

Hello,

We have a condor 8.6 installation with about 4000 jobs slots. Most of these are on 8-core VMs. When there are free slots available, the scheduling of idle jobs to a specific machine seems somehow random. What we would like to have is that HTCondor fills up all slots on a machine before sending jobs to another (empty) machine.

Is there any config option that would allow to change the scheduling behavior in that way (something like a node allocation policy in Maui)?

Cheers,
 Marcus