Re: [HTCondor-users] Alpine builds? (Re: Managing dynamic services)

On 11/21/18 4:14 PM, Dimitri Maziuk via HTCondor-users wrote:
Speaking of systemd, are there any plans to provide alpine linux binary
packages? It uses musl libc, building condor on that might be an
interesting exercise.

We have no plans right now. We've talked about HTCondor installations designed to only run containerized jobs, so that the host OS wouldn't matter to the jobs. However, I'm not sure that saving memory in condor daemons on the execute side is a huge priority. I think there is a lot of #ifdef LINUX in the code that are really #ifdef GLIBC, and it might be a fair amount of work to untangle the two. I'd also be worried about compatibility with our 3rd party libraries like gsi and friends.

-greg