Re: [HTCondor-users] Alpine builds? (Re: Managing dynamic services)

On 11/26/2018 12:11 PM, Greg Thain wrote:

> I think there is a lot
> of #ifdef LINUX in the code that are really #ifdef GLIBC, and it might
> be a fair amount of work to untangle the two.

Yep, an interesting exercise.

I'm not worrying about memory, I'm worrying about admin overhead. I
think for deploying and maintaining a cluster of dedicated condor worker
hosts, one might wish for a streamlined distro that aims to be
remote-manageable.

That, or run on BSD with its linux/docker subsystem. That's even better,
with ZFS and CARP in the kernel, no caching DNS resolver in init, no
system python, and ability to edit /etc/fstab without rebooting. ISTR
condor had *BSD builds back when?

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin