[HTCondor-users] scheduling delay

Apologies if this is a FAQ:

I've a 64-core VM host with cycles to spare. I want it to run jobs but
keep condor load down at all times. So I configure with

NUM_SLOTS = 32
START = ( TotalLoadAvg < 0.5 )

-- and I have 32 jobs start and drive load average into 30s.

What I think happens is the jobs are "slow-start" and the load won't go
up right away -- long enough for the next job to get scheduled, and the
next one, etc.

Does that sound right and if so, what's the knob for "wait 60 seconds
before scheduling another job on this particular host"?

TIA
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin