Re: [HTCondor-users] job transform: change requirement condition?

we currently use the htcondor wiki for examples like this.
specifically this page https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToAdminRecipes

A few notes about your (very helpful) writeup.

regexps() does not replace all occurrences of a match, only the first one.  There is currently no
way in the classad language to replace all occurrences of a match.

In your examples, this

  EVALMACRO tmp.ErrOld = unparse(Err)
  SET ErrOld $(tmp.ErrOld)

Could have been written as this

  COPY Err ErrOld

Since we intend to set a new value for Err, we can use RENAME rather than copy.
And since Err is a string, there is no need to unparse it.
But regexp cannot be used directly in an If statement, you need a temporary variable for that test

So the rules for modifying Err would be something like this:

EVALMACRO tmp.ErrDev regexp("^/dev/",Err?:"")
if $(tmp.ErrDev)
  RENAME Err ErrOld
  EVALSET Err = regexps("^/dev/(.*)",ErrOld,"/var/log/\\1")
endif

-tj