Re: [HTCondor-users] User Quotas

On 4/11/19 12:13 PM, Boris Sadkhin wrote:

How would I achieve

1) something similar to MAX_JOBS_PER_OWNER, in which I limit a maximum
number of queued (not completed/idle/held) jobs for a user? (If the
queue is excessively long, a user's requested web resource may expire
by the time their job runs, so we would like to prevent them from
submitting the job in the first place)

Hello Boris:

First, I assume that you have one schedd, as many of these limits are implemented per schedd, not per-submission.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by limiting jobs queued, (but not completed/idle/held).

If you mean the total number of jobs per submitter in one schedd queue, including idle, running and held, (but not completed or removed) we don't have a good way to do this. The numbers are in the submitter ads, you could query the submitter ads with condor_status -submitters and reject the submissions yourself before submitting in the web app.

2) something similar for MAX_RUNNING_SCHEDULER_JOBS_PER_OWNER, which
sets a limit of queued jobs in the entire system, but again uses
accounting_group

Probably the best way to do this is to create one AccountingGroup per submitter and put a quota on that AccountingGroup. This would require that you know the complete set of submitters beforehand.

-greg