Re: [HTCondor-users] hanging file transfers

On 8/22/19 1:55 PM, Jaime Frey wrote:

> Barring unusual high-load situations, the only time-consuming thing that happens between the JobStatus changing to 2 (RUNNING) and the job actually starting is input file transfer (including time when the transfer is queued). So your expression referencing EnteredCurrentStatus is still reasonable.

Thanks, next question:

will this work in periodic_hold w/ a periodic_release or am I better off
with do a periodic_remove and DAG RETRY (the job's a DAG node)?

I.e. is there a difference in how the stuck curl_plugin will be treated
by "hold" vs "remove"?

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin