Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_ssh_to_job issues

Thanks Rolf,

In this case i don't know if condor is doing ssh multiplexing under the hood or not, though i suppose that's one possible explanation. I have a feeling it's not though, as i think it happens even when the ssh session closed wasn't the first one opened. (not 100% sure though.) I'm thinking this is something the condor team may be able to fix.

Carl

PS

By the way, outside of condor_ssh_to_job, when i use ssh multiplexing, i never do ControlMaster=auto anymore. It adds guesswork to keeping track of whether there is still a master present and which session is the master that can't be closed.

Instead, i explicitly set up a ControlMaster with no command to run in the background

	ssh -MNf host

and connect to it in other windows without mentioning the ControlMaster setting

	ssh host

and then take down the background ControlMaster explicitly when i'm done with all of them

	ssh -O exit host

(Where the ControlPath pattern for host can be set in your ~/.ssh/config, or else by including -o ControlPath=... in the ssh command lines)

Fun times..!  :)