Re: [HTCondor-users] Memory leak in collectd in 8.8.5?

Hi,

Ok, I've disabled SSL Authentication on the Collector and, although it's early days, it would appear that the memory usage is stable.

If that remains the case, is there anything we can do to help you track down the leak in the SSL code?

Thanks,
Chris.

ïOn 05/11/2019, 18:49, "HTCondor-users on behalf of Todd L Miller" <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of tlmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    >      	How many ads are in the collector?  If you pick a few at random,
    >    how long is their long (-l) form?
    >
    > Is there a simple way to get that number:

     	I was just thinking something like

     	condor_status -const 'Name == slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' -l | wc --bytes

    but for ~1000 ads, even at ~2500 lines each, we're just not talking all
    that much storage being required.

    > The config is a little overcomplicated at the moment as I'm in the
    > middle of trying to simplify things with stuff I learned at the HTCondor
    > Workshop. We recently enabled SSL authentication for the Daemons but
    > haven't got around to disabling pool password and we're switching from
    > hugely nested ifThenElse statements to Schedd transforms to set the
    > AccountingGroup. I can try backing out of those changes if they're
    > likely to be an issue but I think the first incident happened after I
    > upgraded to 8.8.5 but before I made any other changes.

     	We've had problems with memory leaks in our SSL code, but we're
    not currently aware of any.  It would be interesting to know what happens,
    if it's easy for you to temporarily switch back to just pool password.

    - ToddM