Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 8.8.6 Released

On Fri, 2019-11-15 at 22:23:10 +0000, Tim Theisen wrote:
> The HTCondor team is pleased to announce the release of HTCondor 8.8.6.
> A stable series release contains significant bug fixes.
>
> Thank you for your interest in HTCondor!

Thank you for releasing 8.8.6!

I've been able to Debian-package this release for non-X86_64 architectures,
just using the provided source package, mostly without any changes (except
Jessie, see below) for i386, arm64 and powerpc (32-bit). (If I still had
access to a POWER 8/9 machine, I presume ppc64el would also build.)

I found that this time all .orig.tar.gz files (for Debian Stretch and Buster,
and Ubuntu Bionic) are identical - which is good.
But the version issue is still there, i.e.,
if one installs the Stretch variant, and later dist-upgrades to Buster,
the condor packages (bearing identical version numbers) would not be upgraded
- probably resulting in broken library dependencies.

Also I've been wondering how you managed to build the -deb8 (Jessie) package,
as I had to add "python3-all-dev" to the list of Build-Depends: to get the
build to succeed (as reported before).

Something also stops the software from building on Debian Bullseye (testing),
but since there are a number of ongoing transitions possibly affecting the
build, I'm leaving this alone for now.

Thanks again for your constant effort developing this software!

- S

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)