Re: [HTCondor-users] Availability of version 8.8.8 in stable repo

On 4/21/20 1:45 PM, Tim Theisen wrote:

[...] So, each stable series will land in a new repository. So, you will have
to adjust your mirroring script every 18 months or so.

Hello Tim,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanations, I understand the
point. I will adjust my repositories in a way or another.

Please read the upgrading from 8.6 to 8.8 page in our manual: https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/stable/version-history/upgrading-from-86-to-88-series.html

Main reason for me to up(grade|date) is because of the recent
vulnerability. In this sense a fix to the 8.6 would have been easier
than a jump in version with new features. I will read carefully
the release notes. I may delay the move until I am back at the lab
and fully operational. We have to balance the risk of an unpatched
vulnerability and performing an update remotely...

Again, thank you.

JM

Jean-michel BARBET                    | Tel: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 86
Laboratoire SUBATECH Nantes France    | Fax: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 79
CNRS-IN2P3/Ecole des Mines/Universite | E-Mail: barbet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx