Re: [HTCondor-users] cant restart local master

Hello,

Look at the config settings for "ALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR" and make sure it would authorize you.

condor_config_val ALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR

If it is not set, you can set it in your config file:

      ALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR = condor@*(UID_DOMAIN)

You will also want to turn on authentication for admin commands.  Add this to your config:

      SEC_ADMINISTRATOR_AUTHENTICATION = REQUIRED

Since you can't currently run condor_restart, you'll have to manually stop and start condor this time to load the new config (or send the condor_master process a SIGHUP).

If it still not working, look in the MasterLog file to see what reason it gives for the Permission Denied and we can take it from there.

Cheers,

-zach