Re: [HTCondor-users] Putting MAX_JOBS_RUNNING limit for a user

On 12/14/20 9:09 PM, ervikrant06@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 8:14 PM Vikrant Aggarwal <ervikrant06@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Todd,

Thanks. Definitely this option is helpful for my requirement.Â

Two followup queries:Â

- Are we planning to introduce this feature in a stable series soon?

We generally don't put new features like this into the stable series, as that what keeps it stable. As with all 8.9 features, this will show up in the 9.0 stable series when it comes out.

- Is't also possible to set a user limit irrespective of the submit box? so that if a user is submitting from multiple boxes, the limit will apply.

This ceiling applies at the negotiator, so the same total limit applies to all of a user's jobs across all schedds they may be submitting from.

-greg