Re: [HTCondor-users] how to troubleshoot failures with transferring input files during submissions?

> On Jan 29, 2020, at 11:39 AM, Jose Caballero <jcaballero.hep@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> in some cases, our CEs are failing to submit jobs to the local HTCondor batch.
> The problem seems to be with one of the input files, unable to be transferred.
>
> Error message I have is
>        "ERROR: Can't open <here the file> with flags 00 (Permission denied)"
>
> I am trying to find out more information about it.
> Like, was the file missing? Never came with the job? Or wrong
> permissions? Something else?
>
> So my question is, could I find some meaningful information about that
> in the HTCondor logs? Which ones? Which string would you recommend me
> to look for?
> Something like "File transfer failed" or similar does not seem to be
> in any log at the time of the failure.
>
> As submission failed, I don't have any ClusterID either.

What piece of software on the CE is reporting the error? This message would be generated by condor_submit or the python bindings, but not condor_job_router.
The âPermission deniedâ indicates that the submitting process doesnât have the required file access rights, probably due to being a different user account than the file owner.

 - Jaime