Re: [HTCondor-users] Absent node still active

Hi,

somehow I managed to completely ignore the IPs - it seems so obvious now...

Well, an objective eye is very valuable indeed.

I see that the negotiator matched the node exactly on 15:12 so I would assume that it made the collector notice that it is absent?

And since the negotiator and the collector are on the same host, that's where the 127.0.0.1 comes from in the first log line?

Second time, the node sent its startd ad, so it would have the actual node IP.

Hm, it seems like this could be improved or is there a reason for this?

I also applied your config suggestion, Christoph was immediately on board  ;)

It seems like a (sensible) cosmetic change, but maybe it will also help to improve our absent situation at least a little.

Best
  Kruno