Re: [HTCondor-users] Question about the location (database or user log) of the job queue information obtained by condor_q

Hello,

AFAIK, condor_q fetch the information JOB_QUEUE_LOG file. It's recommended to keep this file on high performance storage (SSD) or even RAM (/dev/shm).

# condor_config_val JOB_QUEUE_LOG
/var/lib/condor/spool/condor_job_queue.log

I don't think it's recommended to alter this file manually. While replying to your email, on my test box after submitting a few test jobs I removed the condor_job_queue.log file, strangely condor_q was still reflecting the job status hence not sure apart from this file whether something else is also used to keep queue information. For sure after schedd restart this file is used to rebuild condor_q job information.Â

Thanks & Regards,
Vikrant Aggarwal