Re: [HTCondor-users] Using environment variables in CONDOR_CONFIG?

Thanks John! I have a weird setup where I don't have root access on all machines. I'll avoid the env vars.

From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of John M Knoeller <johnkn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2020 8:21 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Using environment variables in CONDOR_CONFIG?

[CAUTION]
This email originated outside Warner Bros.

$ENV() can be used in a user’s personal config file,  ~/.condor/user_config

But for configuration variables that a daemon reads, you would need to somehow make sure that the environment variable was set

for the root user and the condor user, since the daemons read the configuration as root on startup, but as condor on reconfig.  We don’t normally try to do this, instead

We put machine specific configuration into a file with same name as the machine, put that file into /etc/hosts, and then add this to the top-level condor_config file

LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE = $(LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE), /etc/hosts/$(FULL_HOSTNAME)

The contents of /etc/hosts is normally the same on all machines, but each machine will include only one file from the /etc/hosts directory into their configuration.

-tj