Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor Disk Benchmarks

Hi Alex,

I scoured a few of my configurations - couldn't find any immediate examples of my personal use of BENCHMARKS_JOBLIST.  When we've done benchmarks, we've done this prior to HTCondor's startup and encoded the results in the ad (this is a side-effect of the particular use case as we restart HTCondor daily ... it's a bit of an odd one).

That said, if I wanted to tackle the same problem today, BENCHMARKS_JOBLIST is likely how I'd go about it.

Note that the RANK mechanism is somewhat tricky to use: if your cluster is always full, then there are often few idle slots to chose between -- hence not many possible idle machines to sort through.  YMMV - it's definitely useful if the cluster ramps up / down a lot.

Brian