Re: [HTCondor-users] Linux reserved variable when running a job

The submit file can reference the submitterâs environment variables via the $ENV() function macro:

   Description = $ENV(USER) procedure

The âenvironmentâ submit command defines what variables will be set in the jobâs environment:

   Environment â USER=$ENV(USER) PWD=$ENV(PWD) JOBID=$(Cluster).$(Process) â

When you use âgetenv = Trueâ it will pull everything in the submit environment into the job, but thatâs not best practice â itâs better to know exactly what your job needs and provide it, rather than send it everything in the hopes that some of it sticks.

Michael V Pelletier

Principal Engineer

Raytheon Technologies

Information Technology