Re: [HTCondor-users] Linux reserved variable when running a job

Hi,

you can submit your complete local environment with the job or define variables to submit with the job, see:

https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/stable/users-manual/submitting-a-job.html?highlight=environment#environment-variables

Only exception is the LD_LIBRARY_PATH that does not get submitted as the kernel considers the condor job to be a suid thing and therefore drops the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Easiest thing to check on this is to create a condor job that calls a bash script executing the 'set' command. You will then in your outputfile find the complete job environment. Another way is an interactive job, submitted with 'condor_submit -i' you will then end up in a shell on a workernode and experience the environment of the job 'live'. From my experience though this environment can still differ a little bit from the non-interactive-job environment due to the ssh-login used for the interactive session I guess ...

Best
christoph

--
Christoph Beyer