[HTCondor-users] Preparations to move master machine?

Good morning,

I've got to move the central (collector, negotiator) functionality off a failing
machine, and would like to do this with as little interruption as possible.

The old machine has an IP of a.b.c.100, the new one is at a.b.c.109, and I'd
like to use an aliased interface at a.b.c.190 to provide access, first at the
old machine, then (during a short maintenance) move that to the new one.

There is no firewall in effect, the a.b.c.0/24 network is purely internal.

Currently, most nodes still refer to a.b.c.100, and the central manager has
a matching NETWORK_INTERFACE=a.b.c.100 - since these machines are in production,
this part cannot be changed.

Is it possible (without any disruptions) to change NETWORK_INTERFACE to a.b.c.*,
to answer connection requests on both .100 and .190?
Would condor_shared_port accept connections on both IP addresses then, enabling
the machines that got setup with the updated CENTRAL_MANAGER setting?
Any other pitfalls I didn't see yet? (I've got to think about keeping the
job history for accounting, but that's phase two.)

Thanks,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)