Re: [HTCondor-users] migrating a machine classad to job classad

Would adding following on submit node works for you:

SYSTEM_JOB_MACHINE_ATTRS = $(SYSTEM_JOB_MACHINE_ATTRS)Â t1_wn_hs06ÂÂ

It will appear in job class ad asÂMachineAttrt1_wn_hs060

I was also looking for solution of dynamically adding something in job classad from machine classad but couldn't find solution for it. Don't want to hijack this conversation:Â we run jobs in cloud on preemptible VMs and cloud vendor is sending a signal before killing VM I wanted to add something into job classAD based on this condition dynamically so that we know how many jobs are getting terminated because of VM kill.Â

Thanks & Regards,
Vikrant Aggarwal

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 2:43 AM Stefano Dal Pra <stefano.dalpra@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Il 12/05/20 23:03, John M Knoeller ha scritto:
> Did you run the condor_q command while the job was running?
Yes;Â i run it repeatedly and see JobStatus changing: 1 --> 2 --> 4
Other values are undefined (except for LastRemoteHost, which has value
from when JobStatus == 2
Stefano

> $$() expansion requires that the Schedd have an associated Match ad that it gets from the Negotiator.
> If that ad does not exist in the Schedd or does not have the given attribute, then the $$() expansion for condor_q
> does not happen.
>
> So the query you show below might be correct for a job that is idle. ÂAlso I think you should be looking at RemoteHost
> not LastRemoteHost
>
> -tj
[SNIP]