[HTCondor-users] help needed to troubleshoot a "SECMAN: FAILED" issue

Hi,

I need some guidance here.

I am trying to setup a testing Schedd and add it to an existing pool.
It has the same configuration that the other Schedd's on production.
However, there is a difference, my testing Schedd is on a host with a
different domain name that the rest of the infrastructure. I feel that
is part of the problem here.

When I try to run condor_q remotely against the new test schedd, I get
this in the SchedLog

SECMAN: FAILED: Received "DENIED" from server for user
condor_pool@<a_domain_name> using method PASSWORD.

where the <a_domain_name> is the domain name of the production
infrastructure, not the domain name of this testing schedd.
Is that a problem?

Extra info, let me know if there is something else I need to provide:

======================================
# condor_config_val SEC_PASSWORD_FILE
/etc/condor/pool_password

# ls -l /etc/condor/pool_password
-r-------- 1 root root 256 May 28 13:22 /etc/condor/pool_password

# rpm -qa | grep condor
condor-std-universe-8.6.13-1.el7.x86_64
condor-8.6.13-1.el7.x86_64
condor-procd-8.6.13-1.el7.x86_64
condor-externals-8.6.13-1.el7.x86_64
condor-external-libs-8.6.13-1.el7.x86_64
condor-kbdd-8.6.13-1.el7.x86_64
condor-cream-gahp-8.6.13-1.el7.x86_64
condor-python-8.6.13-1.el7.x86_64
condor-all-8.6.13-1.el7.x86_64