Re: [HTCondor-users] Enforce DiskUsage

Thank you Dimitri.
I will impliment this shortly.

David,

From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of dmaziuk via HTCondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 15 November 2020 02:27
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: dmaziuk <dmaziuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Enforce DiskUsage

On 11/13/2020 10:26 AM, John M Knoeller wrote:
> yes, stdout and stderr are in the same directory an will be counted as DiskUsage for the job while it is running.

We actually got UW kicked off OSG once because a job that normally runs
in a few K of disk space started spewing out dozens of gigabytes of
trace messages on stdout: something in the input triggered the behaviour
we didn't know existed. In full compliance with Murphy's Law that one
job landed on a disk-starved OSG node somewhere.

Dimitri